What camera trends in 2019 should you be aware of? How can new gear impact the way you create business videos?
I recently got the chance to chat with Jaime Randel about this. Jaime graduated from The Savannah College of Art and Design in 2011, majoring in Film & TV with a focus in Cinematography. Over the past eight years, whether she’s camera assisting, camera operating, or working as the director of photography, she’s constantly behind the lens.
She has experience across a wide range of cameras and is comfortable with anything from the Arri Alexa to RED, Sony or Canon.
We talked about some other good stuff, including:
- What camera Jaime currently uses.
- What trends she’s noticed regarding cameras and gear.
- New or upcoming gear or cameras that video producers should really pay attention to.
- Jaime’s thoughts on the “mirrorless camera” craze currently going on.
- Gear-related things that are really underrated.
- What she sees happening in the world of camera trends three to five years down the road.
- And more!
“Everything’s getting smaller and smaller, so it’s getting easier and easier to shoot things.”– Jaime Rendel
Like what you heard?
- Listen to more episodes on Apple Podcasts, Anchor.fm, or Google Play
- Join our Business Video Community on Facebook.
- Follow us for more business video content.
Special thanks to our co-host Kevin Kolbe with Kevin Kolbe Media! Kevin is a digital media specialist, producer, storyteller, and creative dude. He’s been in the media and marketing world for over 30+ years, working for radio and TV stations affiliated with FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC, and The CW.
Connect with Kevin at KevinKolbe.com or on social media @kevinkolbemedia.