Is it really that important to focus on making your audience feel something when they watch your video? How do you go about making sure that your videos even convey the right emotions?
I recently got the chance to chat with Michael Langdon about this. Michael helps brands quadruple conversion rates through data-driven video strategies that connect consumers to products. He’s the director of Levity and bestselling author of Welcome to the Age of Emotion: How to attract and connect with customers using video.
We talked about some other good stuff, including:
- The role of emotion in video and why it’s so important.
- The connection between a viewer feeling something and them taking an action, like buying.
- The connection between emotion and brand loyalty.
- How video marketers can start implementing this.
- Ways video marketers can make more emotion-focused videos.
- And more!
“You’ve got to make sure that your video leaves people feeling something.”– Michael Langdon
Connect with Michael
- Connect with him on LinkedIn
- Follow him on other social platforms–@iammlangdon
- Check out his new book.
Like what you heard?
- Listen to more episodes on Apple Podcasts, Anchor.fm, or Google Play
- Join our Business Video Community on Facebook
- Follow us for more business video content
Special thanks to our co-host Kevin Kolbe with Kevin Kolbe Media! Kevin is a digital media specialist, producer, storyteller, and creative dude. He’s been in the media and marketing world for over 30+ years, working for radio and TV stations affiliated with FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC, and The CW.
Connect with Kevin at KevinKolbe.com or on social media @kevinkolbemedia.