Time is up?
No, we’re not talking about the apocalypse or the end of the world; we’re talking about the fact that in only a couple of weeks, 2015 will be no more. It will be over. Finished. 2015 will disappear into the abyss with all the other old years only to be replaced by the new year which will be called 2016.
Time to use more than the written word.
It’s a known fact that many marketers still rely on the written word in the form of flyers, to get their message out. We at Your Local Studio pondered this question: How important will video be in the marketing mix in 2016? Well, after a bit of research, we discovered the following points:
- Online video users are on the rise. In fact, Cisco predicts that in 2016, online video users will double to 1.5 billion.
- 80% of online visitors will watch a video, while only 20% will read content.
- 100 million internet users will watch at least one video every day. And let’s just highlight those words and put them in block capitals: EVERY DAY!
- Having a video on your website actually increases your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in Google’s search engine pages and makes it 53 times more likely to appear on its first search page.
- More than 1 billion unique users watch YouTube every month, and those 1 billion user spend a total of 4 billion hours (lots of time) watching videos.
- Videos are becoming increasingly easier to make and it takes just a bit of time. We at Your Local Studio, have the tools and can work with you to make it happen!
What about ROI?
Now, business people are all about ROI (Return On Investment). They want to use their time well. So does incorporating a video in your marketing mix increase your ROI? We not only say yes, but here are a few figures to back it up:
- 75% of users visit the marketer’s website after viewing a video
- 93% of marketers use a video for online marketing, sales or communications.
- Using the word video in an email increases open rates 19% and click-through rates by 65%. There is one thing that reduces with the mention of the word video, unsubscribe rates. They reduce by 26%.
Even if we take a glimpse past 2016 and into 2017, there is a prediction that by then, 69% of all online traffic will be video content.
The future looks exciting for video! At this time, it’s here…and it’s here to stay!
The articles referenced: